Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Central Midwest Gardening: July 2011 Dry and Hot!, 1 by Crit

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Crit

In reply to: July 2011 Dry and Hot!

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of July 2011 Dry and Hot!
Crit wrote:
Looking good Will!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Billy .... you can also add just a little bit of bleach to the water. It won't hurt the birds, but will keep the larvae down.

I found spider mites on my EE's and Taro's. So I got out my Windex with amonia and sprayed everything good. Cut off the leaves that looked yucky and sprayed down in to the canal where new leaves would be sprouting. Everything is looking better now. Those little buggers are a pain, but the windex (actually it is the cheapest window cleaner I could find with amonia in it!) really wipes them out good.

Will, this is my Antique/Host/Cactus garden, complete with old milkcan, old totally wooden ladder, old wood and cow skull. :-) There is a hosta in the upper left corner behind the drift wood too. The cactus are hens n chicks in the rock by the milkcan and the wood on the right side. Also have a sedum in there. They don't get watered when I do the hosta. Also a little purple heart jew. The ladder, wood and cow skull have traveled all over with me as I moved from one state to another, until I finall y ended up here.