Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Tropicals & Tender Perennials: Tropical Gardens and Plants #106, 1 by dyzzypyxxy

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright dyzzypyxxy

In reply to: Tropical Gardens and Plants #106

Forum: Tropicals & Tender Perennials

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Tropical Gardens and Plants #106
dyzzypyxxy wrote:
Deb, those brugs you sent me have been the highlight of my garden this spring. Such a thrill to stick a cutting in a pot, and grow a small tree in 3 months!

Hope you will take some solace that part of your tropical basement garden is very happy down here.Thanks again! Monster white had two big blooms, (while I was away, of course) and is now growing like a weed in all directions.

The one I got from my kids for Mother's Day (Charles Grimaldi) is healthy, but still not half the size, nor has it threatened to bloom yet. Go figger!

Do you think you might root me a cutting of the lilac de fleur datura you showed a pic of above?

On that subject, does anyone know the difference between Datura and Brugmansia? My daughter had starts of a white datura she calls 'Jimson Weed', that grows wild along the roadsides in the deserts of southern Utah. It's a low, sprawling shrub, but has lovely large, fragrant flowers that look and smell just like my brugs only they face upwards like your little lilac one.