Rural Gardening: Building a Home , 1 by CricketsGarden

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright CricketsGarden

In reply to: Building a Home

Forum: Rural Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Building a Home
CricketsGarden wrote:
Remember= we still have to lower the 48ft deck===even to get the siding on. My Jumping Jack Rabbit Husband still hasn't finished the over hang on the house. While he was working on it, I just said out loud, "" I will be soooo happy when the deck finally gets lowered. I been waiting for that to happen for a long time. "" What does hubby do.?..... He stops working on the over hang and starts lowering the deck. I didn't say anything. I was just watching.

The last 16ft of the deck was cut loose so he could lower the deck easier. The 32 ft section is not completely lowered or leveled yet. The 16ft section was cut into 2 eight foot sections so we could move it manually around the corner to the end of the house where the main door is at. There is another 8ft deck out back that had been removed months and months ago that will complete the corner at the end of the deck. The corner of the deck will be cut to form an angle as you turn the corner=====hope that made sense.

Since we had to lower the deck, 12 inches, I now have to remove the top layer of concrete blocks on the front steps. Which were not cemented together either====I had put them together with Liquid Nail.......lol redneck cement.
Here is the current Mess.= Deck reconstruction.

This message was edited Jul 29, 2011 1:47 PM