Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads for novices and addicts, July 2011, 1 by perke_patch

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright perke_patch

In reply to: Bromeliads for novices and addicts, July 2011

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Bromeliads for novices and addicts, July 2011
perke_patch wrote:
Tash which seedlings did I send you and I will endeavour to advise when they were put down. They were grown in sphagnum too. Johnny prefers live sphagnum for seeds. I tried zapping it in the microwave and planted heiroglyphica seeds in it but alas nothing grew and the sphagnum was dead too so......... I've tried some more in live sphagnum and have a few shooting so far.

I had 2 potty plants with my tillandsias in them when we had a sale just before mother's day. Everyone wanted them then and that's why I went all out trying to find some more. I now have 6 planted up and have just ordered a box of 18 but they won't be in Australia until Sept/Oct so I'm not sure whether so try out with some of the 6 now to see if they would sell before I get the box.

Tash I used to be able to take minutes of board meetings typing on a laptop. i could type as fast as they could talk. Now my fingers probably wouldn't bend the right way and I'd be hitting the wrong keys all the time. I used to think it was my coeliac disease causing the aches in the fingers. I always put it down to eating something with gluten hidden in it but no xrays showed a definate build up on the joints. My mum knitted non stop till almost the day she died so she didn't have a problem with hands. Dad doesn't either so maybe it was the milkman ?????? or worse the dunny man ... LOL.

We used to play jokes on the dunny man and the biggest joke used to be sitting on the toilet when he opened the trap door at the back. I guess we were bum flashing him. Charming weren't we? we even said we hoped he would drop the tin until the day he got caught up in the clothesline and spilt it all over himself and the yard. We had to hose him off and the yard stunk for weeks YUKKKKK. Hands up all those who remember the dunny man collecting the dunny tin.

We didn't put any windows in our shadehouse Tash. Thought I would show you what our backyard shadehouse looks like. Note the different heights of the tops.
Wendy