Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Central Midwest Gardening: July 2011 Dry and Hot!, 1 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: July 2011 Dry and Hot!

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of July 2011 Dry and Hot!
shortleaf wrote:
Thanks Sally, I need to clean up that little plaque that says, "welcome to my garden", or paint it too! Hehe, maybe I'll have you're typical spray of water come out of the frog's mouth..not! Actually, I'm not sure I like it, it looks like a toy, like something you'd play with in the bathtub, and I already have a yellow rubber duck! I carried maybe ten potted plants by the pond to plant them around it eventually. I'm keeping the Tropicanna in the planter so I can put it indoors this Fall. Lotsa planting to do! I can finally begin planting all the potted plants I've been hording!
Here is the waterpond tonite, it was getting dark, so the photo isn't as crisp as usual. A froggie swap eh? And crazy critters too?! That does sound interesting, thanks Crit! I hope at least one bullfrog finds the pond suitable! I think I wanna buy some little feeder goldfish for a quarter apiece.
That Persimmon tree does cast quite a reflection, the leaves in the reflection are even green!
Eeeek, that is quite a sight of two squashes connected together, Rusty!
Yeah, the stunted Tomatoes are a mystery! I watered them regularly and that is all potting soil, not topsoil. I wouldn't have even had potting soil, but I got a bunch out of a dumpster by a well known drug store (CVS) a few years ago, it was called Osco then.
Will