Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Irises: Dietes iridioides (African Iris), 1 by

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright

In reply to: Dietes iridioides (African Iris)

Forum: Irises

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Dietes iridioides (African Iris)
wrote:
Sorry to have so disappered buy the move for me was ferocious rough and i was helping my Mom at 78 move too up the street, shes settled in now, to get in the ground her Irises and Roses, LOL! Soooooooooo......to answer on species names~
I know them as a Dutch Frans Hal, or japanese butterfly, or ?mittsy you see the pic you could be right as Holland is like, Dutch :) but, They Bloomed before I moved! SO now they are in pots, wit slightly browned leaves from the heat here and some shock I imagine; SO many of my bulbs besides the Irises are hiding , callas are almost invisible, And a Daylily will laugh at me as I walk by, but the Irises are tall and proud. My Twelve Apostles (?)Walking Apostles(....sorry been a Long day) is looking from its bottom growth leaves it may bloom, so i am putting off getting it in the ground til after a few weeks more, Thanks again for the help and chat you all have The BEST Summer possible!!!!
:D