Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Tropicals & Tender Perennials: Tropical Gardens and Plants #106, 1 by plantladylin

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright plantladylin

In reply to: Tropical Gardens and Plants #106

Forum: Tropicals & Tender Perennials

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Tropical Gardens and Plants #106
plantladylin wrote:
I don't have a pretty tropical plant photo at the moment ... so I hope since the subject has been about birds it's okay to share this one. This is a juvenile Cooper's Hawk that was in the backyard early this morning. I heard the Blue Jays, Cardinals and other birds raising a ruckus and knew there was a hawk nearby so I grabbed my camera and went out. We have a few different types of hawks and I've gotten some good pic's the past few years. I guess my backyard is good pickin's because there are so many bird feeders that attract backyard birds they prey on. The hawk was perched in the Senna tree, and I can't believe I could get so close ... only way I know it was a juvenile is because it kept hopping about the branches trying it's best to catch a little bird for breakfast. It was so funny because all the other birds were ganging up on the hawk and eventually chased him off! I love when I can get a picture like this!