Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Orchids: Santa Barbara Orchid Estate Show 7-9-1, 1 by ted5310

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright ted5310

Subject: Santa Barbara Orchid Estate Show 7-9-1

Forum: Orchids

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Santa Barbara Orchid Estate Show 7-9-1
ted5310 wrote:
I first posted this in the monthly bloom thread. Should have made it its own thread right then, but better late than never. I will add the shots posted there on this thread.
My feet hurt!!! Walked about 50 miles yesterday. Left home about 8 am and got back at 9:30 pm. A long but great day. Went right to the showgrounds.
On the way you pass through Carpenteia just before you get to Santa Barbara. Lynda, my wife, did mention at one point that there were a number of larger helicopters around. Did not know the royals were playing polo there. I didn't even notice any heavier traffic in that area, but thinking back we did see 2-3 limos. I thought they were going to the orchid show!!LOL.
The show had a fair amount of people in the morning and by the afternoon was a little crowded.
Now I am not a photographer and I deleted a lot of shots that were the "what the heck is that" type. About mid afternoon we left the show and went to Santa Barbara Orchid Estate Nursery. Which is about a 10 minute drive from the show and a 3 minute drive from Cal-Orchid. Some pics are from SB Orchid Estate. Cal was closed by the time we left SB Orchid Estate.
Stopped at a few places to eat, took in the Mission and downtown which was just alive with people then we headed back home.
I tried to take some notes, but there was just too much to see and I really turned into that kid in a candy shop. So here is the first pic.

These guys were from Tokoyo and had a non blooming Paph for a mere $500