Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Central Midwest Gardening: July 2011 Dry and Hot!, 1 by billyporter

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright billyporter

In reply to: July 2011 Dry and Hot!

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of July 2011 Dry and Hot!
billyporter wrote:
Rusty, we are all going to heat up now :o(

That's sure a shame about your tomatoes and peaches. I don't think any of us saw the heat wave coming, and lasting so long.

Pepper, Statement is so beautiful. I've sure been smelling all of mine!

Rusty, for the first ime, I have deep cracks too.

Crit, you have it bad!

Oriental and Asiatics bllom just once. I've been breaking the seed pods off as soon as the bloom is done and trying to get water down to the bulb. I usually don't water. I wonder if that's why mine end up dwindling?

Birder, my Casa Blanca have done well for years and they are actually under a water sucking Maple tree. I do notice one of them dwindling so I need to get them out and into better dirt. I have Stargazer too and love it!

I've seen one Japanese Beetle so far and I killed it. I am suprised I don't have any yet.

Grrrr on all the wildlife! After the raccoons drug the trap we set out, they haven't been back.

Crit, you have had your share of ''fun'' with the squirrels. I'm giving up on the finch feeders. They all like the sunflower seeds so I am going to just feed them those this winter.

I think we got just about everything watered before the heat wave. It took days, but it was worth it.

The ''Rocket'' is doing nicely and I can keep it watered now that it's closer to the water :o)