Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Rural Gardening: Building a Home , 1 by CricketsGarden

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright CricketsGarden

In reply to: Building a Home

Forum: Rural Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Building a Home
CricketsGarden wrote:
Thanks everyone - for being here with me and following along with our construction adventure.

Gosh= it took a few days to actually get hot water. After we moved and hooked up the hot water heater, it decided not to work.
The hot water tank had a warranty on it so hubby called around trying to get it fixed. It turned out that we would still have to pay to have it fixed but would be reimbursed after a Load of Red Tape Paper Work. Forget the paper work= we need hot water now. The plumber told hubby what to do and it turns out that the plumber was wrong..........Anyway. Hubby ended up replacing everything==the heating elements and the thermostats. Now we have hot water in the bath. No hot water line to the kitchen yet....sigh.
The electrical has been ran for the Washer and Dryer and I was able to do laundry all day long yesterday.:)
The electrical has been ran for the Microwave and a few more outlets for the kitchen.........no more extension cords for the coffee pot.........

The roofer has to go out of town this weekend so the roof is delayed but hopefully no more than a week. Sigh again.

forgot to mention the roof shingle color= which also helped decide the color of the house. The shingles are Golden Cedar. That's the lightest I could get it for the roof= hoping it won't be too hot.

Our bed was set up on concrete blocks for months and months cause the headboard wouldn't fit in the shed with our sons bunk bed above us. Then when we moved into the house we kept the bed on blocks cause we didn't want the bed frame legs to get wet when the floors flooded during rain and no walls ==etc..................... We are moving and putting the bed frame together this evening. I know thats not exciting = but = I am impatiently waiting for it. We don't have interior wall covering yet. The pillows keep rubbing againts that black board insulation ==itchy pillows.

The bathroom. This is a very important Room. lol
I don't have a bath sink yet. Don't know when I will have one. I was standing in the corner
where the sink goes when I took the picture. Just an average bathroom.