Florida Gardening: NF Garden Brigade #15, 1 by JaxFlaGardener

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright JaxFlaGardener

In reply to: NF Garden Brigade #15

Forum: Florida Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of NF Garden Brigade #15
JaxFlaGardener wrote:
Jon, it is good that you have the Tuberrose in a pot because I've found they are very susceptible to soil nematodes. The nematodes are apparently a major concern where the Tuberrose are grown as part of the flower industry in India. I didn't think they would grow here at all until i saw mistressgardener (Linda) growing one in a pot. Every tuberrose I put into the soil of my garden soon perished.nt

Oh, Farfugium! I am surprised it is hardy (according to Plant Files) to Zone 7. Now I have another plant to add to my never-ending-eternal plant wish list!

A passionvine making fruit in my neighborhood on a chainlink fence by an abandoned lot behind a grocery store. I got some of the smaller vines to add to my garden. Get in touch if you want to know the exact location so you can snatch your own vines or get some of the fruit to eat or to use as seeds for propagation. I think it is probably Passiflora edulis, Maypop, the edible passionfruit vine. I thought it was a Florida native, but the Atlas of Florida Vascular Plants says that it is not.

Jeremy