Georgia Gardening: Crinums in Georgia, 1 by RandyRick

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright RandyRick

In reply to: Crinums in Georgia

Forum: Georgia Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Crinums in Georgia
RandyRick wrote:
Send Bulbs N More an email and ask for his DVD. Or if you buy something from him off ebay, he will send you one.

Some of Bulbs N More ebay prices are discounted, some are the same as his fixed list prices. There are more crinum on his list than he has on ebay. Although he says that sometimes he puts things on ebay that aren't on his list. His list included on the DVD was updated this spring, so probably is all inclusive at this point.

I have only a few sunny spots for crinum, and have a lot of shaded areas. So I'm going to be experimenting with crinum that like shade or partial shade. I planted 2 pink crinum moorei from Plant Delights and 2 white moorei from EdensBlooms.com in full shade. Some of the hybrids say they are OK in partial shade or filtered sunlight, so am giving some a try in those conditions.

I bought 2 XL size Ellen Bosanquets from ebay seller bdbd601 who is still selling them. Per the picture of her garden posted on ebay, she has a lot of Ellens. Anyway, one of them is the one I posted pictures of in my first post, the second one, planted the same day, less than 2 months ago now has up TWO scapes.

This message was edited May 17, 2012 12:32 PM