Photo by Melody

Canadian Gardening: What's Happening in YOUR neck of the woods?chat with friends, 1 by fancyvan

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright fancyvan

In reply to: What's Happening in YOUR neck of the woods?chat with friends

Forum: Canadian Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of What's Happening in YOUR neck of the woods?chat with friends
fancyvan wrote:
Well as long as you are not out in the sun for long periods it is fine - official temp is about 25 degrees C. I have lots of shade in my back yard and the ground floor of the house stays cool. Upstairs is another matter and it does get warm and stuffy at night.

And I now have a car with air conditioning which I have used the past couple of days - nice!

Although I don't like it really hot I do tend to chill easily since I had chemo so I don't mind this.

I went out and bought some new summer clothes today - should have been doing it 2 months ago - selection now not so good. Got a pair of pants ( which need shortening!) a skirt - orange! - and a couple of light tops. I have two linen skirts I really like, got them a couple of years ago but they are too big now will take them to the dressmaker to see if she can alter them. Also 2 dresses I bought about same time, took one in already and the other next week. I am having her make me a new summer skirt to wear at LH. I do have a 'summer' skirt but the fabric is rather heavy and I have opted to pay for this one myself, otherwise it would be ages before I could get a new one! Fabrics are 50% off at the moment. Will look for a couple of patterns for pants and skirts and just get them made as it is hard to find what I want.

This is the fabric for the LH skirt.

This message was edited Jul 7, 2011 6:23 PM