Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads for novices and addicts, June 2011, 1 by splinter1804

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright splinter1804

In reply to: Bromeliads for novices and addicts, June 2011

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Bromeliads for novices and addicts, June 2011
splinter1804 wrote:
Hi Tash,

Yes Ae recurvata benrathi will pup and it will take pretty well as much light as you can give it. I have mine in the garden and some copped full overhead sun during that New Years Day heatwave a couple of years back with no apparent ill effects.

I have some seed on a Neo hybrid I made a while back using Neo Carcharadon x concentrica. I haven't pollinated it myself, but I've observed the Honey Eaters flitting between it and a Neo. concentrica growing nearby and now nearly all of the flowers have developed seed capsules which are almost ready to harvest. I suspect the seed will either be Neo (carcharadon x concentrica) x Neo. concentrica or Neo (carcharadon x concentrica) x self as these were the only two brom's I had flowering at the time.

If anyone would like any seed to try, just let me know as there's heaps to spare.

Below is a pic of the seed bearing plant but unfortunately with te cold weather it has lost its pale pink colouring and has suffered a bit with the cold.

All the best, Nev.