Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Central Midwest Gardening: June 2011- Heat, Sunshine and Rain, 1 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: June 2011- Heat, Sunshine and Rain

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of June 2011- Heat, Sunshine and Rain
shortleaf wrote:
Yeow Crit, that would be sweet, I've seen those new projection setups for sale. That would be like the movies!

Thanks billyp, yeah keeping up at Fedex is difficult, you want to keep up with the others. The pace is overwhelming many times, I mean boxes falling off the conveyor belt. They sometimes don't even have time to put a label on the boxes, they come so fast. They come down these chutes like when you exit a water slide at a waterpark, they're here in about 1 second! It's not just me, it's everybody. Swamping is just the job, nobody gets chewed out because they know it's difficult work. I think people work so fast, that errors are pretty likely. It's kinda Fedex's own fault, slow things down so people have time to think and get water to drink for Petes Sake! Working with a mouth that feels like it's full of cottonballs can't be good for anybody!

I'd like to sell that truck, but it won't be the end of the world if I don't. I bet if I didn't mention the oil leak I'd already have lots of calls, I haven't even had a call yet.
The wind was atrocious wasn't it?! I didn't realize that until I saw the video! I played back the video in the truck and didn't hear any audio, I'm glad there was some in a quieter environment, I wanted to describe stuff, not just go around my truck. I wanted to keep going with the video, but it stopped on it's own or something.
Thanks Sally, I hope I gave enuff details to please somebody enuff to buy it. Haha! One part that was drowned out by the wind I was just saying, "this is what working at Fedex will do to you're arms, bruise them up real nice!". Thats a major interstate in the background, I-70, very noisy.

Ohh.. happ is afraid of snakes! I think thats one of those venomous serpents that inhabit water-cans! Remember that, generally, I think if the head of a snake is not wider than it's body it isn't poisonous. Snakes are good though, they eat rodents and other vermin. My thing is the Brown Recluse Spider. That would be alarming tho! A snake in a water-can..hehe! I see it looking out, it's prolly in a daze!

The Water Irises are green and looking real nice, one is being hugged by a Cardinal Plant! How about those Johnny-Jump Ups in the fore ground from a seed packet this Spring already blooming odd little multi-colored flowers?! They're all in the photo below. I am very lucky to have so many quality plants to plant, this yard is gonna look like a million bucks this year!
Will