Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Vines and Climbers: Wisteria question! I need help!, 1 by DivaSharon

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright DivaSharon

In reply to: Wisteria question! I need help!

Forum: Vines and Climbers

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Wisteria question!  I need help!
DivaSharon wrote:
Thank you all for the great information and links! You are right, I shouldn't worry because I'M the one with the pruning shears! LOL

MsJen, your picture is gorgeous! I would love if mine looked like that! Mine have only been planted since last year, but flowered right away.

Donna, thanks for showing me how you are making yours into a tree too. Very helpful.

Clare, thanks for the reassurance and the links! I really appreciate your taking the time to do that for me.

I will take care of them and not fear those silly stories I heard anymore.

Here is a picture of two of them planted by a wall in my back yard. Anybody have any suggestions as to how I should train them? My initial idea was that I wanted the wall to be covered in Wisteria. What do you think? The one on the left is purple and the new one on the right, just planted, is pink. It's growing so fast, I can't stand too close for fear of it wrapping itself around my ankle! Not exactly kidding either! I can see hourly changes! LOL

This pic was taken about three weeks ago and they are so much bigger than this already! The new one has put out a vine four feet longer than it was in this picture! I have wrapped it around itself for now.