Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Memory Garden: (WantabeGardener) Diana Grundman, 1 by melody

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright melody

Subject: (WantabeGardener) Diana Grundman

Forum: Memory Garden

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of (WantabeGardener) Diana Grundman
melody wrote:
Diana Grundman, known to all of DG as WantabeGardener passed away on the 18th. Diana was one of our longest active members, having signed up Sept. 12th, 2001. She was a true ambassador and was responsible for assisting many of our international members with access to our community. Many people from around the world consider her a dear friend and mentor. She was also on hand to wish each DG member a happy birthday and never failed to welcome new members to the community. She was one of those unselfish folks who loved to give and loved sending surprises to her friends. She was a credit to our community and we should all aspire to be more like her.

Our dear friend Jianhua in China wrote this beautiful tribute to her and I have his permission to repost it here.

Quoting:Wantabegardener aka Diana Grundman (1937 -- 2011) from Michigan passed away on the 18th of June due to the failed radioation treatment for her skin cancer. Her departure is a loss for Dave's Garden. During the past ten years, she was active in the forums, especially in ' Happy Birthday' and 'Michigan Forum'. She once told me that she had prepared over 30 birthday cake pictures for all the DGers who had birthdays of the month. I personally developed good friendship with her with time going on. It was in the summer of 2001 that she introduced me to this great gardenwebsite, and paid the yearly subscripations for me and sent me garden magazines. Besides, in order to help me improve my spoken English, she would save an hour each week to chat with me in voice via yahoomessenger. I was in deep sorrow when I heard the sad news from her daughter via email. Let us prayer: God bless her. May her road to heaven covered with flowers. May she be at peace in heaven.
Jianhua from China