Photo by Melody

Mid-South Gardening: Mid South Gardeners' Forum (Page 2), 1 by TeacherAmy

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright TeacherAmy

In reply to: Mid South Gardeners' Forum (Page 2)

Forum: Mid-South Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Mid South Gardeners' Forum (Page 2)
TeacherAmy wrote:
Hi Amanda and everyone else! Thanks for the kind words about our crazy landscaping escapade. I'll work on some pics for you guys, but I have to get some good ones that show the difference with what we did. (I'm also a little embarrassed at the amateur attempts here, as most of you will see all the things I did poorly. LOL)

Here's a copy of where I started. These shrubs along the foundation were the "builder's special", and completely inappropriate for the setting. Also discovered, as we pulled them up, that they were never placed properly: completely rootbound, never scored, and just dropped right into the hole and covered up with pine straw--no attempt to fill in with soil. Thankfully, it made my job easier, and I was able to single-handedly pull all the shrubs straight out of the ground. LOL

The yellow pansies were planted by my awesome MIL the weekend we moved in... in early winter. I almost passed out from shock that she was planting something in December! Her reply? "Oh, honey, welcome to the South!" ROTFL