Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Trees, Shrubs and Conifers: LOOK what my husband dragged home......need some help PLEASE, 1 by Eglantyne

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Eglantyne

Subject: LOOK what my husband dragged home......need some help PLEASE

Forum: Trees, Shrubs and Conifers

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of LOOK what my husband dragged home......need some help PLEASE
Eglantyne wrote:
Hello everyone,
One of our friends had a car drive right into her tall hedge and ruined some of the bushes.Well she decided she's gone have them all dug up to put a white fence there.My husband who is not the gardener in the family took them all yesterday.BTW from one minute to the next.

So now I have about 20 LARGE bushes on our backside of the house waiting to be planted tomorrow.These bushes are supposedly are at least 40 years old and range in 8-10 ft tall.she doesn't know what type they are but I have seen the hedge pruned before and they look like they could be very old boxwood ? zone 4-5
My fear is that they will not make it since they're so big,hardly any root ball and wrong time of year to dig and transplant.

What advice can any one of you fellow gardeners give me ? how much to cut off the top ? what to put into the planting hole ? will Super Thrive help ? have some on hand.

A young fellow will dig a large drench tomorrow.
Thank you in advance,
Brigitte