Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Irises: My 1st Siberian Iris bloom...Snow Queen! Anyone grow S.I.? , 1 by mittsy

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright mittsy

In reply to: My 1st Siberian Iris bloom...Snow Queen! Anyone grow S.I.?

Forum: Irises

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of My 1st Siberian Iris bloom...Snow Queen!  Anyone grow S.I.?
mittsy wrote:
Polly, thank you for the eye candy. Very tasty! My sibs bloomed so early this year. The 95 degrees temps just burned them out. I do have the Spuria you gave me blooming, took three years but it is a nice clump. Lavender with bright yellow "eye".

While I was visiting with Dennis D near Paducah, I noticed he has everything labeled by number. I will be transferring my data to this system to make it harder for thieves to steal from my gardens. I'll take you up on that offer of replacement for Pink Frost. The list of "missing" grows longer each day, I'll be making a mighty effort this summer to transfer more to WKBG. Had hoped to do it over 5 years but now I feel pressured into a big push. What hurts the most is all the work I did in researching and labeling everything and then to have it work against me. Don't know what the variety is as the tags were all in a heap. Back to square one. Picture is pretty true to the real color. Very dark purple with a very slight red cast. Striking!