Central Midwest Gardening: June 2011- Heat, Sunshine and Rain, 1 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: June 2011- Heat, Sunshine and Rain

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of June 2011- Heat, Sunshine and Rain
shortleaf wrote:
Only 5 mins.? It sounded like 30 minutes of rain here. It couldn't have been too much tho, the rainbarrel only filled up 2 or 3 inches.
The black splatter looking dirt on those plants I got from Pepper, is just rain that splashed up. I plan to get them in bigger, more spacious pots soon. I'd like to be more diligent about finding and getting the potted plants a permanent home in the ground. I have a few potted plants, yeah, a problem is finding a spot, alot of the places I envision for some aren't ready yet. I certainly plan to have most all the potted plants planted in the ground before Fall though. I don't think I can take all that over-Wintering again in pots, worrying about, "is it going to be hardy enuff in a pot outside, is it going to be cold enuff in the garage to allow them to go dormant?".
Pretty flower combinations there, Pepper. I have some Catnip growing outside in a pot, but I think a stray cat (or cats) has been eating on it and messing it all up! I wanted to let it grow some more before I brought it in and let the cats in here have it, but it won't be as big as I planned now!
The only problem with using the inside of a pillow for a filter is I use pillows until they're about flat! Yes, that is neat to have a Sister in Afghanistan, I bet they have some heat, they would prolly like 95°! Oh, I hear thunder outside! I hope that means rain some more!
I can kinda celebrate having a job now! I start working at Fedex Tuesday! Actually, I have 2 jobs now. My housemate here wanted me to keep the state money from helping with her Mom. So, I guess I am a part-time 2 jobber starting Tuesday! Anybody want a part-time job? Fedex hires most capable everybody, except bankrobbers and such! And they have benefits, which is nice. Going to they're website to apply is a waste of time.
Will