Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Perennials: Agastache Acapulco, 1 by tikipod

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright tikipod

Subject: Agastache Acapulco

Forum: Perennials

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Agastache Acapulco
tikipod wrote:
Last month I helped my Dad pick out plants for the pool area where he works and I found a beautiful orange agastache labeled as 'Anise Hyssop Acapulco Hybrid'. When we went back to pick up one for myself (as a thank you for helping) I found this beauty listed the same way. It was one of two remaining plants. Both plants smell strongly of root beer and are both blooming beautifully.

My problem is I'm not sure if this is actually an acapulco because today, at another store, I found more Agastache by the same grower. 1/2 looked exactly like mine but are labeled 'Anise Hyssop Pink Pop'. The only difference is that they didn't smell like root beer, they smelled more lemony, and had slightly greener leaves. Also, I'd like to note that the other half of the plants were either deep dark pink or very light pink.

I'm not sure what to think here. Are there usually subtitle differences or is someone sowing seeds and selling what comes up?