Rocky Mountain Gardening: Utah Gardening, 1 by warriorswisdomkathy

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright warriorswisdomkathy

In reply to: Utah Gardening

Forum: Rocky Mountain Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Utah Gardening
warriorswisdomkathy wrote:
Sorry, been busy, potting,weeding, pet sitting,lol, buying more plants. Thanks for the compliments, I'm hoping my garden looks as good this year, but looks like I lost some things over the winter, and others need dividing, and ya still planting, oh my, sure wished May had been a nicer month (weather wise, tho loved all the rain)...........Sonny the second pix,(if thats the one that was referred to: clockwise: Gypsophila paniculat (babys breath), Salvia nemerosa (I believe, 28"); Dianthus grationopolitanus (cheddar pinks or baths pinks); Dracocephalum imberbe; Leucanthemum becky, I'm thinking (was 48" in this pix as was baby's breath). Things are beginning to bloom, getting a bunch of iris this week...... Oh sonny do I have a place for you!!!!!!! Have you ever been to Long's Iris Gardens in Boulder, if not ya gotta go!!!!!!!!....... They sell nothing but iris and from April--1st week of June, the rest of the season is mail order. But if you go early in the spring you get to see all the blooms, smell all the exquisite fragrances, and yes dig your own clumps of iris. ($8.50, and some have several fans, the unnamed field has some large clumps...up to 10 fans, named varieties are divided more often and may only be 1 -4 fans) I went 2 weeks ago and this coming weekend will go before they close to the public for the season. Love, love, love that place, sorry I didn't tell ya about it earlier, can go online at longsgardens.com to see pix, many come from local breeders am including a pix of "Amarillis" which is a flat, similar to a jap or sib iris, very unusual and very fragrant. Chat with ya later all. Good Luck,Kathy.