Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Vines and Climbers: Jasmine Vine, 1 by DanaFL78

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright DanaFL78

Subject: Jasmine Vine

Forum: Vines and Climbers

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Jasmine Vine
DanaFL78 wrote:
I have a jasmine vine (not sure which kind, is it confederate?), in the pot I purchased it in. I am not sure what to do with it. It had little blooms all over it, but now I haven't seen any in a few weeks. The plant is still very green - I just don't see any new flowewrs coming up. The pot sits in my porch, but I don't have anything for it to climb up. All of the wrought iron fence-things I see at garden shops are made to stick in the ground. We have stucco walls and cement porch. I live a rental house for now, so I want the vine to be able to grow without getting permamnet on the fence or on the house. My questions are: does anyone know why the blooms stopped (they smelled so GOOD!) and does anyone have ideas of what the vine can climb on? I hesitate about the fence because it's in full sun and not sure how the vine would do. On the porch, the vine gets no direct sunlight - but seemes to be blooming away so I never moved it. Here is a pic before with blooms.....and now with NO blooms and lots of feet that wanna climb. Sorry for the long message! Any suggestions what to do with this plant to make it happy again and smelling good??? My first vine, LOL!
~Dana~