Central Midwest Gardening: June 2011- Heat, Sunshine and Rain, 1 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: June 2011- Heat, Sunshine and Rain

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of June 2011- Heat, Sunshine and Rain
shortleaf wrote:
Thanks, I'm catching up pretty good on my Grandpa at Chess. I feel bad about some of the moves he makes, I'll warn him most times that a valuable piece is in jeopardy, but unfortunately, sometimes he'll just lose a key piece because of forgetting it's in jeopardy. 20 years ago, I very likely wouldn't have won a game against him. He really enjoys playing and usually plays very well, believe me!
Yes happ, please post a picture of that car!
I never thought about that, thats a good reason to turn the planter around too, so the plants can follow the slope of the ramp, thanks billyp!
Beautiful Babe the horse there, Crit. I'm on Facebook too Rusty, you can friend me from Sally's (billyp) page if you wish. I am Will Jones on there, thats not my real last name, I don't use it on Facebook hopefully to keep down the spam.
Maybe you can take before and after photos of you're driveway, billyp?!
Oh I think she's fine with things the way they are. The only whee she wants is to be able to curse people! She called me a "lying son-of-a-biscuit eater" just yesterday! She's not too big on me, but we co-exist okay most of the time. In case anybody is wondering she called me that because she was having some delusions about me skulking around her room at 4 in the morning when I was asleep! She gets confused most days (and nights). She is blind and has Parkinson's Disease. I think she has Schizophrenia myself, but I'm not a doctor and they say she doesn't have that now, they used to.
She still says I'm drilling big holes in the house, sawing thru the iron girder that supports the house and just randomly destroying the house in general, and filling her bedroom up with raw sewage, somehow, and killing her 2 cats, Skeeter and Scooter. There is 7 cats here and one (Bo) died of natural causes last week and she said I killed it by not giving it food and water! That was her cat years ago and she was not happy when it died!
We have 2 bathrooms and the one NOT in her room was clogged up. So, we have to go thru her room to get to the other working bathroom. A couple days ago, she told me to go to the bathroom outside! I couldn't help but scoff, I couldn't hold it in! I told her, "I can't go to the bathroom outside at 3 in the afternoon"! I try hard not to laugh at her, because she is serious, but this time I couldn't help letting out a quick HA! I called my housemate at work, I told her, "you're Mom just told me to go to the bathroom outside"! Luckily for me, I plunged the other bathroom here for like 20 minutes today and got it freed up for my use!
Has anybody ever seen a vine go up an Iris blade (in the photo) like this? I just pulled that vine off that Iris the day before! Imames gave me that Iris at the Fall RU 09'.
It's growing good, I have 2 pots of it that I got from her. I'll probably plant them this year. Does anybody know if thats a good, pesky vine?
Will