Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Perennials: Grow under Crepe Myrtle, 1 by birder17

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright birder17

In reply to: Grow under Crepe Myrtle

Forum: Perennials

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Grow under Crepe Myrtle
birder17 wrote:
You know, I started this thread about growing stuff with crepe myrtles. I had several plants in this flower bed, but was trying to get it "more organized". You should see it now! I had a plumber put in a hydrant. I told him to put it in the corner near the sidewalk. Instead, he put it at the opposite corner where I would have to walk through the entire garden to turn the water on, and drag the garden hose across the entire garden. I told him he would have to move it. Well, he did. Now, look at my garden! I lost a lot of flowers: Hollyhock, Iris, Oriental Poppies (I had growing for the first time in 5 years of trying), Daylily, and Phlox. They are all gone now. I dug up where I "thought" he would need area to put the hydrant in. Now, I will be starting completely over. Since we had to start over, my husband put in 5 bales of peat moss.
The whole garden is gone and I am kind of over whelmed as to where to start over. Plus, we're having 96 degree weather. It will be more difficult to get plants established now. Boo Hoo!