Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Specialty Gardening: Spring 2011 - Share your pictures and scents, 1 by astcgirl

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright astcgirl

In reply to: Spring 2011 - Share your pictures and scents

Forum: Specialty Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Spring 2011 - Share your pictures and scents
astcgirl wrote:
Hi Jan....welcome to Florida, your going to have lots of fun down here with plants....LOL I'm still learning about what survives the frost and what doesn't and even if it does survive, some winters like the last one just wreaked havoc on so many of my topicals, however I do baby my favorites and they earn their keep inside my warm cosy home during the winter time LoL, I'm in zone 9b so I have a little more heat but there certainly is still a lot of beautiful plants that will survive down here in Florida. I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have (from my experience) and there's also the Florida forum that has a wealth of knowledgeable Floridians that know lots more than me.

As for the touring my garden....I had to laugh.....the great thing about taking pictures of flowers is that you don't have to see the amount of "no garden" that I really have....I literally have a path around the house and that's it.....it is however packed full of plants, top to bottom, mainly fragrant or edible, some in pots or the ground if there is a space.

Here's a snapshot of my backgarden....if that's what you could call it...hehe