Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: TEA ROOM # 89, 1 by 77sunset

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: TEA ROOM # 89

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of TEA  ROOM  # 89
77sunset wrote:
Good morning everyone. No frost this morning and a bit of pink in the sky. I potted a few plants yesterday and divided a phormium . It very helpfully just fell into nice pieces when I tipped it out. I also replanted some of the Formosa lilies. They have very large bulbs now and I am so pleased as I grew them from seed just three years ago. I had two flowers last season and there is a seed pod on one of the plants still in its old pot. I dont know if its any good as the lilies have been in the shadehouse all the time. Maybe I have a "phantom pregnancy". lol
Hello Jeanmoon. lovely to see you again. How is your garden going ?
Charleen, those are very pretty hibiscus. Love the red. I hope you get rain soon over there.
Hello Anthony. I hope Sooty is very careful , walking on your pots. You should have some beautiful pictures for us to see when all those liliums flower later.
Hello Dianne, have you had any frost over the last few days ? Being closer to the sea, you are probably a degree or two warmer than here.
Pam, I told hubby about the heater . He does have a little heater but never uses it because he is always moving about, in and out of the shed. Never still, that man. Just like his Mum was. Nervy types. You should see him if he has to wait anywhere like a doctors etc. Talk about fidgety.
Karen., I love those zygos of yours. I have them but down here , I never get that many flowers on them. There are about 80 out in the zygo house and if I could get them to flower like yours, it would be lovely. Never mind, the flowers I do get are large and very pretty.
My hatioras flower more because the weather is warming by the time they flower.
Hello Colleen. Sounds like you are going to have a brug garden not a cacti one soon. The brugs will outnumber the cacti.
Hello Elaine, Teresa and anyone else popping in.
Heres something yummy to nibble on. Chocolate Peanut Squares.
Happy gardening
Jean.