Australian and New Zealand Gardening: TEA ROOM # 89, 1 by 77sunset

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: TEA ROOM # 89

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of TEA  ROOM  # 89
77sunset wrote:
Good morning everyone. Its very cold here and I would say we have a frost. I am not going outside to look either. I am sitting here with the small heater on my feet. When the sun gets up and starts to warm a bit, I may go outside. I am getting lots done around the garden after lunch each day while its fine. It takes that long for the grass etc to dry enough so one doesnt get all wet moving around. By about 4pm the night air is starting to come in and its time to get back inside.
The sun is so low here in the late autumn/ winter, that it is behind the trees most of the day.
Hubby has just come in after going out to see if there is frost. From our hill we can see across the paddocks and down in the valleys. He says it is very white everywhere. Luckily, most times, the frost stays outside on the slopes and not in the garden , but I have learnt from previous years, that even without the actual frost, the extra low temps can kill plants.
Charleen, thats a lovely lilium.
I am watching one with buds here . I bought it in mad moment and it was shooting . It has grown to about 2 foot high.
Hello Karen. Love your zygos. I am waiting on my newer ones to flower. Not a great year for flowers on them here. I do have a couple that have never flowered that are budding up. I think the low light levels with all the cloud we have had , are what is causing less flowers.
Hello Chrissy, Dianne and Elaine.
Anthony, I hope you are not lost among your liliums.
Hello everyone else.
Time I warmed my fingers on a nice hot cuppa.
Have some very decadent Chocolate Cake.
happy day
Jean.