Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Rural Gardening: Greykyttyn is okay!, 1 by greykyttyn

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright greykyttyn

In reply to: Greykyttyn is okay!

Forum: Rural Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Greykyttyn is okay!
greykyttyn wrote:
our streets are clean already... everything's been pushed to the side... my stuff didn't' have my name on it.. no way to find it.. a few pictures maybe... but most of it.. no one but me will remember what it was... most stuff they are just picking up with track hoe's & putting in dumpsters or burning in huge piles on sight. too much to sort thru. My DH is AMAZING. ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. there's been no fights, no arguing.. he jumped right in & helped me pick thru stuff.. just as dirty & cut up as I was the first 3 days. he crawled thru twisted steel beams & shredded sheet metal to pull out mom's fake flowers she saw & freaked out she wanted.... When i picked up my baby sheet.. a queen size sheet mom has used since i learned to crawl for me & other kids to eat on in the beauty shop.. and it was full of holes but i clung to it demanding it go home & be washed.. he just tenderly folded it as best as he could & stuffed it in the car. he finally broke down today when we went by the apartments... if your on FB you can see them... the kids mom's apartment is totally gone.. not a wall or anything left.. floor just as bare as the day they started building it. It hit home how close we came to losing our babies if we'd picked them up 20 mins later...

@CajuninKy... no.. house is fine... we just lost the business.. BUT Dustin & I had just moved out of mom's 3 weeks prior.. and hadn't gotten everything out of storage.. so most of my furniture was stored in a trailer behind our shop. So i didn't lose my house.. but i lost several things that cant' be replaced like my hope chest. I lost a box of clothes that was the girls, mine & mom's summer clothing. We've got enough to get by.... its just one of those things that upsets you & you don't realize it till you go looking for it & notice its gone.

@AnnieBBB .... i just don't know. I'm not one to ask for things.. or take things very well... i can give all day long.. i just don't receive things very well. We are ok for now i think. i broke down & got food from one of the supply lines, dang near killed me to do it but i did it for the kids.. and Hannah.. she will be coming to live with us for awhile. It'll be enough for a week or so till things slow down. but thank you.

the picture is the gas station my little friend hid in with her family.. in the beer cooler.. its been all over CNN. Found out tonight.. i knew another family in that cooler.. i went to school with the parents.