Clematis: More clematis talk, 1 by warriorswisdomkathy

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright warriorswisdomkathy

In reply to: More clematis talk

Forum: Clematis

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of More clematis talk
warriorswisdomkathy wrote:
Now do I have to go back to the origional thread to get to this room? Sorry, am still a newbie. And the dicussion earlier was in ref purples being referred to as blue. In botanical nomenclature many purples are referred to as blue. If one looks at a color chart or wheel with gradation, you can see where blue turns to purple as red is added, when the purple has more red in it it appears more in the mauve range. There are some very famous gardeners who were artists and truley understood color gradation and could turn that into magical gardens for the public,(gertrude jeckle of england, louise bebe wilder of america ), and themselves, adding to the list of masters is claude monet of giverny in france. Yes gardening can be an artform to mastered, a living portrait if you will. So here's a bit of an explanation, Sorry have been studying these things for years and can't help myself, I find gardening facinating as a living artform. Isn't it just amazing that nature created all this just so we can play?LOL.