Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Central Midwest Gardening: May 2011- Sun and Warmth finally....I hope!!, 1 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: May 2011- Sun and Warmth finally....I hope!!

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of May 2011- Sun and Warmth finally....I hope!!
shortleaf wrote:
Twin "pineapples"! Thats quite a load there! Thanks billyp, I hope that terrarium does good. It's kinda neat to look at it, maybe I'll put a Gecko in it. Hmmm, I never thought of mesh, thats a good idea, I'll keep that in mind, thanks. Sorry to hear about the fatalities and storm damages in Tulsa, Crit. They say now that no fatalities in Sedalia.
Yeah, the Kalanchoe F Variegata 'Rainbow Plant' isn't looking very good, several of the little succulent leaf things have fallen off. I did some reading on it, they say it grows 12 to 18 inches tall, maybe too tall for a miniature "desert terrarium". It was only $2.28, the "Living Stone" was the most expensive at $4.98, so far it seems to be doing okay. The best looking one of the 3 that I bought is the cactus, it was in the middle on price at $3.48.
Pretty cut Iris there, happ. A Rose bud eh? Glad to hear it! We're looking forward to that Rose vine!
Thats a long time to be without power, Rusty, glad its not real hot or cold. Sure Rusty, I'll have them in my prayers, they do need it. I've came to the conclusion, that one could just die with satellite tv. Ours went out, (and the weather reports with it) DURING the violent storm earlier that could've produced a tornado. The photo was when the tv was out and it was storming like heck! I was standing at the front door then. In the photo, thats rainwater rushed up against the rear tire of my blue car. The photo is so foggy because thats rain coming down. There was like 10 storm cells (with likely tornadoes in the sky or on the ground) coming thru Jackson, Johnson and Lafayette counties alone (immediate KC metro area, and other surrounding metro area counties). All around there were more storms.

Yeah, some of those photos from Joplin were just nuts! I saw one of a vehicle wrapped around a tree and the outline of the tree's big branches showing thru the "vehicle's" hood or something, (the vehicle was unrecognizable, I don't even know that it was a vehicle).
Will

This message was edited May 25, 2011 5:42 PM