Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: Offerings/Wish List for Plant Swap in Lucketts, VA (May 21), 1 by Gitagal

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Gitagal

In reply to: Offerings/Wish List for Plant Swap in Lucketts, VA (May 21)

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Offerings/Wish List for Plant Swap in Lucketts, VA (May 21)
Gitagal wrote:
Jill---

Will bring you a rooted Ric-Rac and--maybe some extra cuttings--since mine is so huge.
It will never miss it!!!!
If you may remember (or not) my original got so huge that I had to get rid of it--
So--I donated it to Rawlings Cinservatory where it lives, happily, on a rock above a huge pond
in their Mediterranean House.....

Now I have another HUGE one to deal with-----will take a few cuttings for you....
Just shove the cuttings in a 4" or 5" pot--all the way to the bottom--and IGNORE IT...
Keeping it BARELY moist in filtered light. A clay pot may help.....That's all!
ALL Orchid Cactus sections root amazingly! No problem!!!!

And--remember--they like being root bound (which may take several years--so start with a 6" HB)
and shove ALL the cuttings in it. Hang outside in bright, filtered light--and wait.....
Feed throughout the summer--(MG is fine) and then bring it in for a "REST" in the winter....
Water very sparingly--but do give it good light.

In general--I find "ignorance" of many plants as the best way to success.....
Makes them "fight" for survival! So--they come through like troopers.....

Separate request.....

Could I please have a few of the best, largest, rooted or not, cuttings of your Red Honeysuckle?
This is for my Manager, Donn.....
FINALLY!!!! The Coral H-Suckle you gave me a few years ago--that outgrew my bed--
and that I dug up and gave Donn-- are blooming in His garden.
He is enchanted with the aroma--and wants more and more-----like a kid! He IS like a kid!

Please bring whatever you can share.......Thanks--Gita

My Ric-Rac came, originally, from :Kachinagirl" in CA.
The fancy name of it is: "Selencereus Anthonyanus".

I was blessed a couple of years with it's blooms....