Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Central Midwest Gardening: May 2011- Sun and Warmth finally....I hope!!, 1 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: May 2011- Sun and Warmth finally....I hope!!

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of May 2011- Sun and Warmth finally....I hope!!
shortleaf wrote:
Well, I am trying yellow Marigolds for that RadioFlyer wagon in the backyard! I figured they're hardy and they have alot of seeds for the next year. I took a photo of it if anyone would like to see it. -

If my Habanero Peppers come up I think I'm gonna try this homemade remedy they have and maybe someone would be willing to try it. - http://hortchat.com/info/category/a-z-plants/deer-perennials

Hi Rusty! Thats a pretty Iris there. Losing fish stinks, I remember years ago, I had a nice bass on the stringer after I'd caught it, and I pulled it in to get it and leave and it had been eaten! I saw a big snapping turtle swim away right before that! All that was left was my fish's head! Oh, I was sick!

I too love the 'Blue Angel' Hosta, speaking of them, I planted 2 of them today. I might be digging one of them out someday if they get too big and crowded together.
I'll insert a photo of my new additions below.

Does anyone know if a Strawberry plant would climb an arbor like the one above? How about Cucumbers? And would they tolerate that 2 or 3 times annually being submerged in rainwater for maybe a day (or less) each time? I'm kinda thinking there isn't any vine that would like being submerged, but I'd like to try something anyway.

Happ, did you get starts from dividing the 'Blue Angel'? I'd like to do that someday to mine, but mine are too small right now.

My favorite right now would prolly be my 'Francee' or 'Patriot' Hostas. I like all Hostas, its hard to have a favorite!

Instead of getting more Butterfly Bushes, I got Marigolds! Actually, I still might get Butterfly Bushes, I have about $26 left on the store credit card thing.
Thanks billyp, you're Tomato plants are coming along nicely there. The Marigolds were only 99 cents a 6 pack, I got 2 - 6 packs. I might need to get some Raspberry plants to go with our Blackberries, Blueberries, Peaches and Plums. I'm digging fruiting plants! I started some Dwarf Pomegranates from seeds so maybe I can have one in a pot someday!

Thats a pretty Amarylis, Crit.

Will

This message was edited May 17, 2011 4:35 PM