Photo by Melody

Central Midwest Gardening: May 2011- Sun and Warmth finally....I hope!!, 1 by billyporter

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright billyporter

In reply to: May 2011- Sun and Warmth finally....I hope!!

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of May 2011- Sun and Warmth finally....I hope!!
billyporter wrote:
Will, either way, you'll need that AC! LOL! we grew up with the heat and we do the AC too!

To each his own. I can't wait to see what you chose instead of a BB.

Happ, I cut mine back to 6'' like they suggest, but they always grow from about the bottom 2''. Mine never last more than a few years and I don't know why. I'm zone 5a too. They should be hardy enough.

I hope you have nice weather for the plant sale. It sounds like plants people won't be able to pass up.

Thanks on the fern peonies. I'm trying to build my little collection up so I can spread them all over. They are so early, and so deeply, bright red.

Awww on the tiny hostas!! I have a small one called Just So.

Awwww again, I love the dog too!

ROTFL!!! You have to sneak out and get a shot of DH and all those dogs! I can see why you like to sit, and sleep out there. Love the Sum and Substance!

Crit, ROTFL over the chain!!

Will, ROTFL again!! That's a good one!

I think a honey locust is pretty too. They grow like weeds around here. (The thorned ones.)

All your potted plants look good!

Pepper, that iris is gorgeous!!

Oh dear, I'm afraid to see how many iris I would come home with.

Is the yellow called Honeycomb? If so, it's zone 6 and not hardy here, but I sure like it! You'll have to post pictures of each as they bloom!

A better day today with sun and the wind dying down. I'm going to fertilize the iris today. I never have. Maybe I'll get better color and growth. I'm going to try epsom salts.

My repotted tomatoes. Some will be shared with my Dad, but I'll plant most of them so I can can juice.