Photo by Melody

Central Midwest Gardening: May 2011- Sun and Warmth finally....I hope!!, 1 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: May 2011- Sun and Warmth finally....I hope!!

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of May 2011- Sun and Warmth finally....I hope!!
shortleaf wrote:
Haha! If you look close at that chained Hosta you can see the little legs! It's the cultivar Hostaceae 'running bandit'!
Yeah, I also thought how uniquely neat that Fern peony is. Yeah, I was really starting to like the Butterfly Bush! On second thought, I might get another one. But, you know how it is when money is burning a hole in you're pocket! I'm apt to buy some plant that s catching my eye at the moment!
Sure happ, I'd love to have some Yellow Water Iris! We bought some water plants last year but they are in the dead group of plants now. I grew some Thornless Honey locust from seed this year and it appears 3 have sprouted so far, can I interest you in one happ? These remain thornless as far as I've seen, I've grown them before. They are thornless, but they still have the seed-pods. I always did like the Honeylocust, even with thorns! I like the little leaflets, and how they need no raking. Altho, I'm not really a fan of the seed-pods, but at least I know they are seeds and where to get them and at what time of year, and that they readily sprout to make more. Also, there are Mimosa seedlings sprouting up all over from Mimosa trees here.
See the 3 little Thornless Honeylocusts in this photo? Oh, we love lots of photos, happ! I post a few myself! The more photos the better! You're Hostas and stuff gives me an idea how to do all mine in pots someday, really, thanks for the photos happ. I'm always appreciative when people share the designs and plants of they're own, it gives me ideas how to do my stuff. I have 3 Sum and Substances myself, I hope mine get big and old! I stocked up quite a bit last year on Hostas, now I have a bunch in pots that need planting. I bought every 'Blue Angel' Hosta The Home Depot had left in Oct. when they were cheap.
Will