Mid-South Gardening: The Merry, Merry Month of May, 1 by Riverland

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Riverland

In reply to: The Merry, Merry Month of May

Forum: Mid-South Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of The Merry, Merry Month of May
Riverland wrote:
Sandra is your home phone out too? I tried to call but it said you were on the phone and I left a message. This was Fri or Sat can't remember. I was answering your text. What is your Itune name? Doctor wants a cat scan and xrays this week. He said the pain down the leg was the nerve but my back pain was not coming from that herniated disc. So he wants more test. I knew that was coming though since my MRI would be a year old next week. Charlotte wishing you a better week this next week. It has been cold here too. I got up to go out about 6 and it was only 47 degrees. I put on my layers but waited till about 7 to go out.

Kathy Ann I hope you have a good time.

Genna clematis like the roots cool. I usually lay the first 6 inches of stem (minus leaves) down horizonally. That way you will get more stems coming up from the root. This helps when a fragile stem gets broken you have another one. Throw a piece of broken concrete at the base. They like a little lime. They need moisture but well drained. The 3 year rule really applies Like Bonnie said though all of them are so different.
to clematis. First year they sleep second year they creep, third they leap. Jackmania (sp) and Nelly Mozer are some good starter clematis. They seem to tend to themselves. A little Epson salt gives them a good kick in the early spring. Mirical grow after that does good. A little osmocote helps to. Spraying the miracle grow kinda lets you communicate with your plants. You pay closer attention when you walk around with the hose. A lot of time they are struggling to climb. Give them a twig stuck in the ground at the base of whatever you intend grow them on to give them a start them tie it to your support

Sorry gotta go can't stand to sit any length of time today. Camp is still out of water. I will post some pictures when I can sit longer.