Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads for novices and addicts. April-May 2011, 1 by perke_patch

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright perke_patch

In reply to: Bromeliads for novices and addicts. April-May 2011

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Bromeliads for novices and addicts. April-May 2011
perke_patch wrote:
Nev, I love that wild raspberry. When we get to Port Macquarie I will do my best to get one of those out of Jack. If I can get 2 I will even bring one back for Jen as a thank you for looking after my little seeds while we are away. I don't have a Princess Di but if they look like that photo you showed us it will be on my list.

Nev you said you thought the grace darling x concentrica var would make impressive pups and you want some. I had some spare seed saved for you - didn't I put it in the box for you????? If not I will certainly put some in an envelope and send to you. It will still be in the fridge downstairs.

Colleen I can't wait for Johnny to get his chainsaw fixed and decides to cut down one of our palms so I can get some nice palm pots.

In Hervey Bay this weekend we were in our son Paul's garden looking at his broms and naming them for him. He has decided to get into them more than he was before. He said he wants to grow them like us so I was showing him how to collect seed and guess what????? one of his tillandsias with a spent flower had a seed pod splitting open with lots of seed. He said he wasn't ready to grow them yet so I collected them and brought them home. Now I have a container of till fasiculata clavispica for Jenny to look after for me. Hopefully when I get home they will be starting to shoot.

Paul gave me these timber mounts for plants. They get truckloads of timber to start the furnaces at work and the guy who cuts them up slices off some of the bark into strips for Paul. He has long lengths of them in his garage and cuts them up into these pieces. He gave me some to bring home. Paul has a lot of tills and even mini neos mounted on them. after about 4-6 weeks he can remove the ties and the neos are ready to hold themselves on. I can't wait to come back and mount a few.

Wendy