Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: TEA ROOM # 88, 1 by 77sunset

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: TEA ROOM # 88

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of TEA  ROOM  # 88
77sunset wrote:
Good morning everyone. Its still dark here this morning. Doesnt bode well for that fine and warmer day that was forecast. I am determined to get out there anyway and get lots of cuttings so I can work in the greenhouse.

Hello Pam . Yes I do mean the ' grass 'grass . I am liking the look of my grass area now that the mini knifophias are growing big enough to be seen. I have a few bits from my large grass that has lovely wavy fronds . I thought the color of the red grass would set it all off nicely.
I see my dutch iris at one edge of the area have started to pop up. In spring, with the liliums , I am hoping for agreat show. It may take another year for larger growth. The poor roses never did that well there as it gets really dry and hard. Theya re all looking beautiful out with the irises now.
I will send you my address via Dmail and thank you very much.

Hello Chrissy, my angels are still looking good. BB and GHA have buds still.
Hope you are managing to enjoy your garden and that your brother is coming along .

Hello Marlene, I can send you some lower temps if you like. Try around 8C all day. Bbrrrrrr.

Hello Elaine, keep warm and rested there.

Anthony, you are in the right place near the fire. Have you potted all your liliums yet ? Its enjoyable to look at all those flower sites even if one cant afford the plants. I love browsing around the irises , epis and liliums etc.

Colleen, your palm thingys look great. If you want to save a bit of room, try putting in a steel post and with a hole in the centre of the palm bits you can pile a few up for height. Make a sort of shortened tree for you broms etc. If you cant get a hole down the middle, cut them in half and use that banding to hold them back together around the post..
I agree with Dianne about the ducks. I used to breed them in WA and they have what I call "wet bums" where chooks are dry. You will be cleaning the pond for ever. If you do get any ducks , try anything but muscovies. Some dont really need a pond , just a water comtainer large enough to be able to get their heads in and splash as they need to have the water to preen them selves. I have raised many other breeds and also geese without a pond. Try something like a babys bath with a few bricks around . Much easier to clean. They do like fresh water , and it wont stay fresh for long if they can swim in it. In a small area they can get smelly too so watch for that.

Hello Dianne. I have finished the book and when everyone else has had their read, we can see what everyone thought of it.
My salvias are still looking good and I have decided to move a few other plants later in the year so I can enlarge the salvia garden.

Hello Charleen, are you okay over there ? I do hope you were not caught in any of the violent weather. I see more floods in some states too. It seems Mother Nature still has some nasty surprises in her cupboard.

Hello Louise. How is your weather. I also hope you are not getting any of the bad weather where you are. Pats for the girls . Hope you and Hank are enjoying being back in you lovely home.

I am seeing a bit more daylight out the window now. I may get things done today as I see no rain so far.
Very cold but a warm jumper or two will fix that. I always wear my garden gloves so my fingers wont get too cold I hope. Better see what I can put out for you all to nibble on.
Try these Chocolate Marshmallow Cupcakes.
Happy gardening and keep warm.
Jean.