Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: Still hangingPart 8 , 1 by billyporter

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright billyporter

In reply to: Still hangingPart 8

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Still hangingPart 8
billyporter wrote:
It's late today, but I'm having a me day! Here's a little story.

Thursday, we turned around and the cat almost had a tiny grey squirrel. He's about 6 weeks old and most likely fell out of the nest. We haven't seen any others, or the mother yet. I looked away and he disappeared. Later that day, I was putting things away and guess who was over by my flowers? I talked to him and brought him some water, but he followed me to the house when I went for food. DH ended up moving the squirrel feeder platform over to the tree he liked best and then put a top on it. We put leaves and a rag in the corner and found him some peanuts, dried fruit and apple slices. He was easy to pick up, move and be shown how to get in and out. This morning he looks good and is protective of his little house. That's good! We don't need a pet. He's not out of the woods yet. We have red squirrels and cats. If he makes it he does. It's all we can do.

Yesterday he was still stmping his feet at us as we looked in, so we are using tongs to set food in and arrange his rags :o)

DH called his bluff so he could add more water to his lid and put in some barly and oatmeal. He's loving his house! I think he's a runaway now!

Meezers is your albino squirrel still around? You gave him a clever name and I know I'll remember it later.