Photo by Melody

Central Midwest Gardening: May 2011- Sun and Warmth finally....I hope!!, 1 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: May 2011- Sun and Warmth finally....I hope!!

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of May 2011- Sun and Warmth finally....I hope!!
shortleaf wrote:
Hehe.. Yep, (the waterpond hole) it is full up to the top with rainwater! I measured it at it's widest billyp, it is 6' 5" at it's widest. Wow, I don't usually guess that close!
I usually have the gamefish guess on stuff! I braved the elements to measure it! Actually, the raining has nearly stopped, it's kinda light now.
I tell you, if something goes wrong with that pond or something, fingers know where to point! lol Not to be mistaken tho, my friend here is very appreciative of what I do.
That pond liner is 10' x 13', thats likely flat, not accounting for a dug hole. I'm thinking I better not go much bigger, lest I go too big for the liner! I might trade that little bridge for that Arbor. That Arbor really gets in the way of work and stuff. I got that statuary from my Stepmom recently, my Dad painted it before he passed away. I'm gonna put a little $9.99 190 gph Harbor Freight pump on it for the birds and the splashing water sound! I need to repaint it, some paint came off. My Stepmom is giving me alot of statuaries that my Dad really liked. She doesn't say it, but I think I remind my Stepmom of my Father. I love her to pieces, even if we're not technically related anymore, (I kinda have 2 Moms). At holidays like Christmas and Mothers Day I always remember her. And especially my Dad's birthday, her birthday and they're anniversary when she is really sad, I'll at least send her a card or call her. Well, enuff sadness, everyone has grief! : )
I'm so glad it's May!
Will