Photo by Melody

Central Midwest Gardening: May 2011- Sun and Warmth finally....I hope!!, 1 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: May 2011- Sun and Warmth finally....I hope!!

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of May 2011- Sun and Warmth finally....I hope!!
shortleaf wrote:
Yes, it does look great Cyb, you know what they say, "if it has color, it is good for you"! That indeed has color!

Thanks for the info. on the waterpond happ. I have to let it catch rain runoff to remedy the mud/rainwater problem there. I want both dangit, a raingarden and a waterpond! lol It has good info., thanks happ. It is 28" deep in one spot. I am trying to follow the advice at that link you posted happ, about the percentage distribution of the areas, for instance the deep part is supposed to be roughly 40% of the pond. Thats hard to do I am learning, but I'm going to keep digging! I've kinda got a shelf of sorts, on one side. I'd like to make it flat enuff and stuff to put patio blocks or a treated board there to ensure the flatness maybe, underneath the liner. I need to get the pond finished, so I can put plants in it and by it soon.

Haha! The "leavings" go in the trash. Cleaning litter-boxes is quite a job. I'd consider using the manure as a sort of fertilizer, but they get buried and covered pretty good with litter, litter makes a sort of sticky, muddy goo when it gets wet I found out. Actually, there is 8 cats here, but one isn't ours but it has been here for over a year, we're not sure that the lady wants it back at this point. My friend here likes it alot so we may be adopting it.

Nice beds, billyp, you're hard work has paid off, they are beautiful!
Thanks billyp, I'm not much of a fan of Code-Enforcement coming around, I must admit! I do like to abide by the law tho, and I'm sure they are only doing they're jobs.
If it wasn't for code enforcement many cities would prolly be a sty!

I'm trying to rejuvenate a potted Strawberry Begonia, that has gotten some crunchy, brown leaves lately. I looked it up in PlantFiles, I didn't know it was so cold-hardy, to 0° F! I know now that I wouldn't need to bring it in until Dec. 1st or so!
Will