Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Central Midwest Gardening: April and finally Springtime?, 1 by billyporter

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright billyporter

In reply to: April and finally Springtime?

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of April and finally Springtime?
billyporter wrote:
Happ, I hate washing rock too :o)

I love the shed/house idea!! How neat to squat till moved, and then find another lot to beautify!

Better your nephew peeked at in the pool than you!

My Grandma put flour on her tulip leaves. I tried it and it works. It's not very attractive tho.

So cool on the raised beds!! Oh boy, cleaning the pond. I'll bet you are glad that's done! I've seen people standing in their's throwing the green stuff in buckets.

My, but that's quite a list of To Do's!

Will, I think it is river rock. Pea gravel is all small. I would definately use it! It might be easier to put it where you want it and hose off the top. Let the rain filter down to what you can't see. A leaf blower would clean the debris out of it.

She sounds like a sweetie :o)

Yeah, don't give up on anything, but I'll bet the roses are gone. Do a bit of top pruning on them, water and wait. The butterfly bush takes forever to show up, so there's hope for it too.

Yayyy for receipts. I guess we all learned a lessson. Water in Winter.

Will, tell her the shed is worth saving. One sheet of plywood might do the sides. Get treated wood.

We had a chance of rain today, so I worked in the gardens all day yesterday. I planted all the early things, radish, turnip, kohlrobi, beet and the rest of the spinach. Then I watered all the rows.

I worked in the other garden after that. I had measured the rhubarb patch and left the string. I leveled out the sloped area and raked the dirt to the low spots. Some I added to the rhubarb bed. Next goal is to get the flowers out of the garden for once and for all!!

We are going to Pizza Ranch to eat my free medium Birthday pizza before we go to Menards. I have a coupon signed by the owners. Wasn't that a nice small town thing to do?