Photo by Melody

Central Midwest Gardening: April and finally Springtime?, 1 by billyporter

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright billyporter

In reply to: April and finally Springtime?

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of April and finally Springtime?
billyporter wrote:
Crit, laughing! I used to have the hair dresser to save me hair. It doesn't take long to get a bagful! I used it around my roses, in the compost pile, etc. I'm lucky that the critters don't bother my garden or flowers much.

PS. I throw all my hair in my compost bucket. Theres a little bit of me all over the place :o)

Will, Congrats on the car! At least you had some help, but I'm smiling over the image. I never thought of the car having no power steering. It's a job done once, and now it's done! It gives you more room to walk around the yard.

I guess I would be boxing it up for her and get it out of sight. I would rather not have to be told by the ordinance enforcers :o)

Just think of what you could do with access to the back and sides of the shed. It's the perfect place for Hollyhocks! Better paint the back with a water proof paint or you will be cutting and replacing the bottom part.

I'm jealous of your attached garage.

Awww Pepper, I have been looking at the Forsythias blooming around here. Either I'm seeing them late or the blooms are just spotty because of the hot and cold. I had considered a mini bush. Now I don't think I will. Bad Daddy!

Will, it sounds like your friend was trying to save money on help. Sadly, you get what you pay for. Especially if they happen to come to the door offering to do it cheap. We had a truck-load come by a couple years in a row. I told them no both times .

Wow, I'm impresssed you got the Wisteria to sprout! Pretty cool!

It's going to be a windy nasty day here :o(

I need to measure in the garden for landscaping blocks. It has a slight slope and I want to just make a sort of raised bed. The ''raised'' is already there. I only need to buy and get the stones in, and level a bit on what will be a ''lower'' level. It will fence in the rhubarb patch.

This is last years photo. The rhubarb closest is gone. I had seven plants and that was too many. I kept four. Now I wish I had them in a row, but rhubarb gets big fast and it's too late now! That will be my Fall job. I also need to get the Balloon Flowers and the tulips moved from the garden edges. Then the rhubarb can be replanted.