Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Annuals: I SPY, YOU SPY Petunias 2011, 1 by Kell

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Kell

In reply to: I SPY, YOU SPY Petunias 2011

Forum: Annuals

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of I SPY, YOU SPY Petunias  2011
Kell wrote:
I sure hope you get a great spring SOON, Joanna. Your spectacular baskets need to get started!

Here they do have the black Pinstripe in big baskets and though full are not hanging yet if ever I guess. They want $29 for them! STEEP!

Yesterday I found the Phantom in 4 inch pots for $2.99! YEA! I have only seen them for $4.99 in most nurseries. Though woe is me, I have 2 cheap nurseries. Target was one, closed last year. And now the best cheap nursery always with the new plants for cheap, is closing in a few weeks. It was a Longs Drugstore and and they had a HUGE garden center. Then CVS bought them out and now Safeway is kicking them out for the space for a Safeway Superstore. I am so sad.

Oh Buffyl I have the same love list as you except for Bubblegum Vista. That one never did well for me for some reason. However, Supertunia Raspberry Blast is a star! Especially now. I have a huge one in full bloom already having survived over winter. It was all dried out sticks that came to life. I will have to take a photo of it. Only problem was I was going to put new soil that retained water better in all my baskets but no way will I now. I t is on a stand that is about 7 feet high.

I also bought 2 hanging baskets of the great relatively new! Was it last year they were available or was it 2 years ago? They have jewel colors. I will take their pic later today. I have to buy them every time I see them.

Here are others I have this year. Supercal Neon Rose and SuperCal Terra Cotta.