Tropicals & Tender Perennials: Tropical Garden #98, 1 by plantladylin

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright plantladylin

In reply to: Tropical Garden #98

Forum: Tropicals & Tender Perennials

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Tropical Garden #98
plantladylin wrote:
HollyAnn: Wow, Tulips, Daff's, Hyacinths ... such a beautiful photo and setting!

RJ: The Thunbergia sure does look awesome! I'm thinking of planting mine in the ground ... but I'm always saying that and things end up sitting around in pots for years!

Candela: So glad your mom came through the surgery and is doing great. Both of my parents are gone but I know how stressful it can be when they are facing illness or major surgery etc.
You sure have some really beautiful plants down there in South Florida! Michelia is one of my favorite fragrant plants. I know it's called the Banana Shrub but I don't detect the fragrance being that of bananas. My plant is Michelia figo, the bloom is more cream/beige in color. Your plant looks like it might be Michelia x alba? http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/73500/ and I love the looks of that bloom too! Ooh, that Royal Poinciana blooms is so gorgeous! I love when I get to visit my sister and family down in Fort Lauderdale when those trees are in bloom! I don't think I've ever seen the yellow one. Very nice Oncidium by the way ... great growing!

Michelia figo: