Tropicals & Tender Perennials: Tropical Garden #98, 1 by plantladylin

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright plantladylin

In reply to: Tropical Garden #98

Forum: Tropicals & Tender Perennials

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Tropical Garden #98
plantladylin wrote:
Aaah, Columbines! I think I've seen those beauties when we've vacationed in the Smoky Mountains of Tennessee in the past. They won't grow this far south but they sure are pretty!

dyzzy: That Iris is stunning, love the dark color! What Irises are invasive? I'm not real familiar with Iris, bought some bulbs of Iris 'Miss Saigon' a few years ago at either Wal-Mart or Home Depot and I love them. They come up every spring, don't last very long but sure are pretty.

Debra: That Dieffenbachia of yours reminds me of one I have that isn't looking too pretty at present, han't recovered fully after our past two winters. There are a couple of pic's that I put in PF a year or so ago, it's Dieffenbachia Camouflage: http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/showimage/206159/ I've never thought of Dieff's as climbers ... the nodes you are seeing may be for new branches?

dyzzy: I agree, wonderful shot of the beach! I love the west coast of Fl. We used to trailer out boat over and vacation for a week each summer on Longboat Key ... it's been awhile though. I haven't been to Selby Botanical Gardens in years either, hope to get back that way in the not too distant future. I've never been to Crowley's, Tropiflora or the Native Plant Nursery over there and would love to go! My husband will be giving final exams in about 2 1/2 weeks and will be off until the end of June. I know we will be going down to Fort Lauderdale for a few days to visit my sister and family but we might take a trip over to the west coast for a few days sometime this summer too.

Debra: Great shot of that pretty Mourning Dove! I'm a bird lover and they are one of my favorite year round birds here, always in the feeders or on the ground beneath them. I took this picture yesterday afternoon: