Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Morning Glories: Winter 2010-2011: Growing plants under lights indoors! Pt 3, 1 by beckygardener

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright beckygardener

In reply to: Winter 2010-2011: Growing plants under lights indoors! Pt 3

Forum: Morning Glories

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Winter 2010-2011: Growing plants under lights indoors! Pt 3
beckygardener wrote:
Jackie - Yes! I did start some veggie seeds. My cherry tomato plant is growing like crazy! I also have a large tomato bush that is also doing really well. Along with the strawberry plant. And bell peppers, cucumber (not looking so good), Pepino bush, watermelon, and eggplant. I started all of them in cups and just transplanted them into larger containers. Everything looks pretty good except the cukes.

Jan - I don't know a lot about the stictocardia because this is the first time I've grown one. I started it from seed on Sept. 6th. I don't believe they are cold hardy at all. I believe they are tropical vines.
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/168689/

The Voodoo Lily smells like a dead rat?????

Debra - Love that blue bloomer in the vase! Don't ya just love it when they do that!!! :-)

Jackie - I planted one of your pandy seeds. A freak thing happened. The hypocotyl (stem) split. I only planted one seed, but it looks like two vines growing close together! I doubt it will make it, but I'll leave it be and see what happens. I will start another pandy seed. I also started one of Debra's pandy seeds, but it hasn't germinated yet. Here's a photo of your pandy sprout with split stem.