Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Rural Gardening: Building a Home , 1 by CricketsGarden

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright CricketsGarden

In reply to: Building a Home

Forum: Rural Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Building a Home
CricketsGarden wrote:
I will miss the upper level deck. It was very nice. Loved going up there for morning coffee and watching the storms roll in.
I use to say it was there so i could look over all my stupidity. lol My tower. ==so long tower.

Finally got the area cleaned up enough to start the foundation. It is not a full foundation. It is concrete columns.
Columns every 8 ft down the outer band of the home and every 8 ft down the center but every 5 ft from side to side.
If that makes sense to ya. Every 16ft has a double concreted =mortared column with anchor bolts.
There are a few loose set columns that i have to put in today. Hubby hates working with and leveling concrete blocks.
He is bad at it and takes him forever to get it right==so that job belongs to me. I had to redo several of his columns.
While I finish the columns===Hubby has started on the floor===He's in a hurry. I want to do it all One step at a time til that step is complete===but not him.