Hibiscus: Spring wake up!, 1 by trickiwoo

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright trickiwoo

In reply to: Spring wake up!

Forum: Hibiscus

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Spring wake up!
trickiwoo wrote:
blupit you used KNO3 (AKA Potassium Nitrate/Salt Peter)
MgSO4 (Magnesium Sulphate/Epson Salts)
Disolve a tbsp of each in a gallon of water & add a few drops of Ivory Liquid dish soap.
Spray on dead looking branches & when they come to life you spray on leaves & buds 2-3 times a week. NEVER SPRAY IN THE SUN. The Hibiscus I thought I had lost during the ice storm are looking really good now & they truly looked like sticks when I first started spraying. Oh yeah, I tried to find KNO3 every where around here & couldn't find it. The best place to get it is ebay. Since it is used to make bombs you get funny looks when you ask for it. Paid $11.00 for a pound & half of that was for shipping. I was having trouble posting a picture but will try again. Hope this helps you. I've been using it about 18 months & haven't had any problems. At first I was cautious & just used it on a GV to see what happened. Now they all get sprayed. I do not spray open blooms but do the leaves & buds as it was called "foliar spray" by the creator. One lb will last a long time. Hope this helps your sleeping Hibiscus. And, someone on a different forum said some of his didn't start getting green leaves till July. Will try the pictures again.

Hugs,
Judy